testing of smartphone
and tablet application under
iOS, Android, Windows Phone
an integrator in project automation and manufacturing fields.
Interaction model: Time & Material
The initial objectives:
- Organization of remote test versions delivery on physical devices.
- Providing an independent quality evaluation of the latest product version.
- Preventing end users from defects. Application stabilization before publishing online.
Game application that allows to train 3D engineering thinking. Mobile constructor is used to collect 3D-models with diverse degrees of complexity. The models vary from the juicer to the helicopter. The application is available for iOS, Android, Windows Phone tablets and phones. Computers with Windows 8/RT are supported as well. A player can download simple models for free or buy more complicated instance within In-App Purchase. Top 100 ranking is always opened for the best players.
How it was:
- 1iPad 3, iOS7 was selected as the main test environment.
- 2Test versions delivery was provided via Testflight service.
- 3Team Foundation Server, deployed on the customer side, was used as a defect-management system.
- 4iPhone Configuration Utility 3.6.2 and Crashlytics were used for tracking system events and errors of the tested iOS application.
Updated game app with increased complexity level and improved stability has been tested and released during 1 week.
The customer and end users are happy.